Following our massive 10th anniversary celebration in 2018, we are returning this year with a bang! We bring you our most legendary line up yet, celebrating music icons of the 80s and beyond.
Along with trusted favourites like UB40 feat. Ali Campbell and Astro, Belinda Carlisle, and Paul Young returning to Temple Island Meadows in August, we’re excited to bring a batch of brand new headliners to the mix! Here’s your cheat sheet to our two new headliners at Rewind South…
Top 5 fast facts about our headliners!
- The Four Tops are a vocal quartet hail from Detroit, Michigan who helped define the Motown sound
- The band started out as a backing group for The Supremes
- Throughout their rich career, the Four Tops have been honoured with a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, had two songs in the Grammy Hall of Fame, and been name in the Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Artists of All Time
- Levi Stubbs lends his voice to the man-eating plant, Audrey II, in Little Shop of Horrors
- They managed to achieve what many bands could not; they kept their original line up for 40 years!
- Michael has earned two Grammys, 6 American Music Awards, three Emmy nominations and a Star on the Hollywook Walk of Fame!
- Before being the king of power ballads, he was into heavy metal, and once was in a band that opened for Ozzy Osbourne on tour
- Aside from music, he also has some impressive film and television credits, appearing in films like Snow Dogs and High Voltage, and on shows like Two and a Half Men
- Aside from music AND acting, he has also written a children’s book, Secret of the Lost Kingdom
- He’s somewhat of a cinephile, as demonstrated with his collaboration with The Lonely Island. Watch it here!
Haven’t seen our full line up yet? Check it out here.
And if that’s not enough to whet your appetite, we’ll be announcing more exciting festival acts and entertainment over the next few months! Subscribe to our newsletter below to make sure you don’t miss a beat.